Friday, January 19, 2007

Second chunky pages

I didn't get the monthly challenge in the post today so I decided to do another page as an apology. I stamped the first butterflies using a water soluble ink on a single thickness of napkin and then used diluted pva to glue it on the stamped background. This blurred the image a bit. On the reverse I used a layer of paper towel with a dimpled surface and stamped the butterflies with a chalk ink. I stamped another butterfly using a mask followed by a postage stamp (if you see what I mean) on plain paper and glued that on, using the blue tinted pva. I "painted" it with the pva several times to add to the texture and the blue tint. Now I can put it in the post.

4 comments:

Linda D. said...

Both your pages are lovely. Especially the butterflies - you have some wonderful ideas. Great work!

emhowl said...

Thank you, Linda. As usual, it was fun to play but I don't get enough time to play these days!

artfulzebra said...

These are lovely, Elizabeth! :o)

Maz x

Kari said...

Oooh, I like these!

Kari x