Friday, January 19, 2007

Second chunky pages

I didn't get the monthly challenge in the post today so I decided to do another page as an apology. I stamped the first butterflies using a water soluble ink on a single thickness of napkin and then used diluted pva to glue it on the stamped background. This blurred the image a bit. On the reverse I used a layer of paper towel with a dimpled surface and stamped the butterflies with a chalk ink. I stamped another butterfly using a mask followed by a postage stamp (if you see what I mean) on plain paper and glued that on, using the blue tinted pva. I "painted" it with the pva several times to add to the texture and the blue tint. Now I can put it in the post.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Monthly chunky book challenge

My page for the challenge on ANUK. The suggested theme was friends, I had napkins to hand and Valentine's Day materials. I'm back on doing packing tape transfers and tried rubbing them with matt acrylic medium to remove the shine - and it worked.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Beginnings Resolutions ATCs

My three ATCs for the swap on ANUK. I resolve to try new techniques, be on time, use existing materials and keep on communing with my frogs.

My planet

I don't like to put out packaging for recycling if I think it should be used again. Hence this cardboard pizza base from Waitrose with Golden acrylics became "my planet".

Creative journey

The fourth challenge on Creative Journey was to use the polystyrene base from a pizza with one's theme. I drew out a daisy with a pencil, then used the rounded end of the pencil to impress the area I didn't want to print. I used two ink pads (Impress) in crimson and pansy to make prints, over printing the crimson one with pansy. I also printed the first crimson one onto a piece of board and printed with that.

Then I drew another daisy on the reverse side of the polystyrene. I don't like the patterning for the daisy but I've made some lovely graphic designs of stamps with it and am pleased with them.

Finally, and favourite, I used three diluted shades of blue acrylic paint and painted onto the first stamp. Although I'd washed it there was still some crimson ink which blended with the wet paint. I shall definitely use this stamp with paint again.