Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's All About Me and a blog hop

The lovely Mel suggested another blog hop, this time using the It's All About Me project from Big Picture Scrapbooking.  It didn't sound too difficult so I signed up and started thinking.  The first ingredient was to be an accordion book in a tin.  I had a tin I'd painted years ago and I tried folding wallpaper samples to fit.

But one day I was flicking through Cover to Cover and remembered a favourite type of folded book.


With three cuts a wallpaper sample can become a 16 page booklet


I spent so much time thinking and planning the book that I nearly ran out of time making the book.  So I've been photographing it in artificial light in the early hours of Saturday.  But I hope you get the idea of It's All About Elizabeth before you go on to visit Helena.





The first of my quotes "We are the musicmakers, We are the dreamers of dreams".  The other page has an envelope with some journalling about maths.


A selection from my many tapes and brads, beside an allusion to my favourite shop.



When I was young autumn was my favourite month, now it's spring as I eagerly look for signs of green on the trees, longer days and (slightly) warmer temperatures.  The sea thrills me, especially when the sun is rising over the Isle of Rum.


All being well 2010 will see improvements to a few of our rooms.  (This is our first home and we were married in 1983.)  So our bathroom is not my favourite place but I love taking a bath, and I like the colour turquoise, so this would be a happy place for me.The other picture represents something I do nearly every day.  We love vegetables (being omnivores) and they steam very well in the microwave (which is an absolute essential in my life).


Two pleasures: origami and coffee or


..... what I'd do given some spare time.




















How would I describe me in three words?


And colour makes me happy.


The second quote is "I am, yet what I am none cares or knows" and I love words and dictionaries.


Do I have a collection?  Yes, several, but my  button collection goes back to before I was born.






Thank you for exploring my book with me.  I wish I'd had the time to crop and tidy up the pictures but I can already hear the dawn chorus.  Now let's go and see what Helena has done, and many thanks to Mel for the inspiration. 

23 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I love the way your project turned out! And I think your photos of it are just fine - I especially like the photo of your finished book all laid out flat. Well done! I'm off to see what Helena has done... xo

Maria Ontiveros said...

The pictures inside the tin are breathtaking! And I really love the coffee/origami page.
Rinda

Amy said...

Well Elizabeth, this turned out so well :-)

debs14 said...

How original! I have never seen an 'origami' mini book before, this is so clever.

Cherry said...

Another amazing book! Great way of creating it too. Love the images and the colours in this one. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Cherry XXX

helena said...

fantstic idea to use that kind of folding book. Love the way you put the pages together

Ann said...

What a lovely project and easy to do with that folding technique. It's very bright and colourful too ;)

humel said...

I smiled in pleasure all the way through this post :-) What a lovely little book! Really interesting snippets of you - thanks for sharing xx

PS I love the buttons especially!

Denise said...

Beautiful project and so glad I'm not the only one up till the early hours photographing! I particularly love the owl paper and the page of buttons xx

Heather said...

Another amazing book! I love your journalling (something I dont like doing. Thanks for sharing x

Nancy said...

Love it....especially the oragami on the page...you have given me an idea.
x

scrappyjacky said...

Love the style you've done the book.

Ruth said...

This is lovely, so very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've gotten so much information in such a tiny space. I love the way the book looks all laid out at the end! Great!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Such a fun book! I love how you created it. this turned out wonderfully!

Sian said...

I just love the way this has turned out. Origami and coffee sounds like such a fabulous combination :)

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Oh wow I can't believe how much you have packed into this challenge. The idea of an old wallpaper sample is perfect. It's all turned out beautifully :0)

Cheri said...

Great job! I too finished up late and was photographing in less than stellar light, so I feel your pain on that one ... but you did a phenomenal job!

Unknown said...

I love how you created the album... very original. Great job!

Anonymous said...

VERY nice!!

Mrsjobee said...

Brilliant. Love your sunset photo - really want to go and visit some more of the Scottish islands. The owl paper is just too cute!

furrypig said...

that is such a fun book it made me smile!

JO SOWERBY said...

wow, owls, paperchase and coffee........all about me too.
Jo xxxx